I served as a communication officer from 2002 to 2005 then as a spokesperson for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Baghdad, Iraq. The work involved:
- Sponsoring, supervising, contributing, and editing two magazines; Sindibad Baghdad children magazine that was issued by the Iraqi Ministry of Culture, and Hilal magazine that was published by the Iraqi Red Crescent Society.
- Writing press releases, media replies, briefing notes, reports, articles, journalistic reportages, news…etc in Arabic and English (see for example these links: 1 & 2).
- Chosen among 20 core staff members to work for the ICRC during the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Conducting hundreds of TV, radio, newspaper interviews for international and local media in English and Arabic. Read below some of these interviews:
2. BBC News,
4. BBC News UK,
5. AP- USA TODAY,
8. The Independent,
9. IRIN News,
10. Radio Free Europe,
11. China Daily,
13. The Seattle Times,
14. CBS News
From 2005 to 2006, I served as a consultant for ICRC in Amman, Jordan. The job included:
- Giving consultancy on media and public relation issues and evaluating the political and social events as well as the humanitarian environment.
- Setting, organizing, and following up seminars and workshops for Iraqi journalists and active non-governmental agencies.